The University of California has agreed to pay $4.5 million to settle a racial discrimination lawsuit brought by a surgeon at the medical school at the university's Los Angeles campus, the Los Angeles Times reported. Christian Head, a head and neck surgeon at UCLA, had accused the university of retaliating against him for filing complaints about discrimination through regular channels, and said that he had once been portrayed as a gorilla being sodomized in a slide show at an event for residents -- an incident for which the university apologized in the settlement.
- Struggling to Keep Black Students
- UCLA grad students stage sit-in during a class to protest what they see as racially hostile climate
- Essay on deadling with racist ideas of international students
- 'Integrating the Gridiron'
- You Can't Handle the Truthiness!
- Student's video leads to discussion of race at UCLA
- Tasers in the Crosshairs
- Mismatched Minorities?
Search for Jobs