The University of California has agreed to pay $4.5 million to settle a racial discrimination lawsuit brought by a surgeon at the medical school at the university's Los Angeles campus, the Los Angeles Times reported. Christian Head, a head and neck surgeon at UCLA, had accused the university of retaliating against him for filing complaints about discrimination through regular channels, and said that he had once been portrayed as a gorilla being sodomized in a slide show at an event for residents -- an incident for which the university apologized in the settlement.
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Beloit, Southwestern, UCLA, Notre Dame, Sweet Briar
- Struggling to Keep Black Students
- UCLA grad students stage sit-in during a class to protest what they see as racially hostile climate
- Essay on deadling with racist ideas of international students
- 'Integrating the Gridiron'
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
College of Veterinary Medicine: Clinical Assistant Professor in Exotic Animal Specialty - Veterinary