The University of California has agreed to pay $4.5 million to settle a racial discrimination lawsuit brought by a surgeon at the medical school at the university's Los Angeles campus, the Los Angeles Times reported. Christian Head, a head and neck surgeon at UCLA, had accused the university of retaliating against him for filing complaints about discrimination through regular channels, and said that he had once been portrayed as a gorilla being sodomized in a slide show at an event for residents -- an incident for which the university apologized in the settlement.
- $4.5M to Settle Football Whistle-Blower Case
- Swarthmore actions on sexual assault likely to help OCR case
- Do faculty members share students' and parents' focus on jobs?
- Saint Louis Faculty Allege Retaliation by Raise -- Or Lack Thereof
- Universities deal with extreme heat
- New presidents provosts Baldwin Wallace MCC National Thomas More UNC-Chapel Hill Ventura WNMU
- U. of California Settles Suit in Pepper Spray Incident
- Academic Minute: Constraint and Creativity
Search for Jobs