- Swarthmore actions on sexual assault likely to help OCR case
- Accused of rape, men allege discrimination under Title IX
- Student activists spur sexual assault complaints, but some say Education Department is overstepping its bounds
- Sexual assault activists protest level of federal Title IX enforcement
- U.S. names colleges under investigation for sexual assault cases
The University of Southern California is under investigation over allegations of sex discrimination, the U.S. Education Department's Office for Civil Rights confirmed this weekend. USC is the latest institution where students filed federal complaints alleging violations of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 stemming from the handling of sexual assault cases. OCR also recently opened up investigations at Swarthmore College, the University of Colorado at Boulder, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, all in response to a renewed focus on the issue by the Education Department and an unprecedented wave of student activism and awareness of their rights.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories