The board of the St. Louis Community College District -- after a 3-3 tie vote -- will not renew the contract of Chancellor Myrtle Dorsey, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Discussion of Dorsey took place in an executive session, so the rationale of board members was not clear. But Dorsey and the district have faced widespread criticism over the handling of an incident in which a female student was attacked in a restroom and her supporters say that the college failed to respond adequately, with campus police letting the suspect go. Dorsey was hired in 2011 and her current contract goes through June 2014.
- Did College Take Attack on Student Seriously Enough?
- Court dismisses lawsuit claiming law school misrepresented employment data
- Essay on how new faculty members can make sense of administrators
- U. of Wisconsin System President to Step Down
- Australian accreditor eases pathway for institutions with track records
- Merger Talks Lead Missouri to Halt Search
- St. Louis CC's 25 Years of Enrollment Declines
- Webster U. Will Close 3 Campuses in U.S.
Search for Jobs