Southern University in Baton Rouge eliminated the job of Dong Sheng Guo, a physics professor, in early 2012, as part of a round of budget cuts, but he went on teaching the fall of that year, and the following semester as well, The Baton Rouge Advocate reported. Guo says that he was never formally notified of his dismissal and only became aware that his job had been eliminated when he went to the human resources office to ask why he was not being paid. It is unclear how he was assigned class sections when the university believed his position had been eliminated. Guo is now appealing for his job back.
- University of New Orleans plans to put university press on "hiatus"
- Professors Left Behind by 'Bold Renewal'
- Fight over layoffs at University of Southern Maine boils over
- New Presidents or Provosts: Ashford U., Chattahoochee Valley CC, Great Plains College, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Nichols College, Southern U.-Baton Rouge, Victor Valley College
- Investigation raises doubts about Southern U.'s financial crisis
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories