Oral Roberts University had a special feature planned for a chapel service last week: A bald eagle was supposed to be set lose and then fly to its trainer. As The Tulsa World reported, the eagle instead flew around the room for a bit, as students chanted "U.S.A.," and then crashed into a window. While the eagle recovered, many were shocked by what they saw.
- Quick Takes: Oral Roberts President Quits, Suit on Investment, College Cuts Friday Classes, Student Dragged to Death, Green Building Kills Birds, Where Psychoanalysis Isn't Taught, Auction to Name Butterfly, Grievances in Egypt, Oxford Speakers
- A Peek Behind the Veil
- Math Geek Mom: Ready, Set, Interview!
- Essay on closure of University of Missouri Press
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Clark, FIT, Ithaca, Lakes Region CC, Macalester, Madison Area Tech, Marian Court, Ohio State, Prince George's CC
- Quick Takes: Publishing Rules, Prof Wins Visa, Museum Director Quits, Oral Roberts Sued, Talks on Sallie Mae, Army to Offer Credit, Using Facebook to Mock Jena 6, Sports Hiring, Salve Regina Forfeits Games, Tuition Freeze Eyed, American Style Down Under
- Quick Takes: Bush Vetoes Spending, Cheating at Dental Schools Probed, Del Mar Delays Vote, No Confidence at Oral Roberts, Anger at Columbia, Baptist Separations, William
- In honor of National Poetry Month, recalling a strange reading (essay)
Search for Jobs