Drexel University has hired Susan C. Aldridge, the former president of the University of Maryland University College, to lead its online learning efforts. Aldridge has been a highly visible leader in online education for nearly two decades; she led UMUC for six years after serving as vice chancellor of Troy University's Global Campus, and resigned from the Maryland post last year suddenly and under circumstances that were never fully explained. She has been a senior fellow at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, and will be senior vice president for online learning and president of Drexel e-Learning.
- College presidents harbor doubts about governing boards
- How to run college athletics, at UNC and nationwide: Institutional control, limited spending key
- Appeals Court Upholds $1M Harassment Verdict Against Alabama State U.
- review of Daniel Loxton and Donald R. Prothero, 'Abominable Science!' and Joseph Nigg, 'Sea Monsters'
- A New Humanities Report Card
- Unexplained Leave at U. of Maryland University College
- U. of London Under Fire for Plan to Sell Early Editions of Shakespeare
- Academic Minute: Why Diseases Evolve Increased Virulence
Search for Jobs