A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by the University of Alabama against an artist, AL.com reported. The judge ruled that the university could not bar the artist, Daniel Moore, from creating art based on real images of Alabama athletes. The case -- which has moved from court to court -- has been going on for eight years.
- Appeals court backs artist in lawsuit watched by many universities
- Quick Takes: Patriot Act Fallout, N. Dakota Wins Round and Newberry Gives Up on Team Names, Sorority Arrests, Donor Withdraws $20M, Capella IPO, Georgetown Students' Religion, Ala. Sues Artist, Lafayette Bars Sudan Stocks, Sale of Painting Stuns Philly
- Poking Holes in the State Immunity Shield
- Colleges settle free speech lawsuits as FIRE promises more litigation
- Court Dismisses College Challenge to Birth Control Mandate
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories