A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by the University of Alabama against an artist, AL.com reported. The judge ruled that the university could not bar the artist, Daniel Moore, from creating art based on real images of Alabama athletes. The case -- which has moved from court to court -- has been going on for eight years.
- Appeals court backs artist in lawsuit watched by many universities
- Poking Holes in the State Immunity Shield
- Quick Takes: Patriot Act Fallout, N. Dakota Wins Round and Newberry Gives Up on Team Names, Sorority Arrests, Donor Withdraws $20M, Capella IPO, Georgetown Students' Religion, Ala. Sues Artist, Lafayette Bars Sudan Stocks, Sale of Painting Stuns Philly
- Colleges settle free speech lawsuits as FIRE promises more litigation
- EEOC Can Sue Public University, Court Rules
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories