- Five-time president in hot water again, suspended by board following accusations of lavish spending
- In fifth presidency, Evan Dobelle faces many allegations that ended his fourth
- A new book explains how college presidents and boards can avoid leadership disasters
- New Presidents or Provosts: Collins College, Freed-Hardeman U., King Abdullah U. of Science and Tech, Loyola Marymount U., Luna CC, SUNY Cobleskill, SUNY College of Tech at Alfred, Westfield State College
- Quick Takes: Alleged Conflicts of Interest at Cambridge College, Call for Reform in Engineering, $2.5M for Dorm Death Suit, Big Bond Plan for Virginia, New Member for 5 Presidencies Club, Progress for New Jersey's Medical University
Evan Dobelle, president of Westfield State University, on Monday answered questions that had been due to state officials the prior Thursday about his spending on numerous foreign and domestic trips, and a pattern in which inappropriate charges were billed to the university or its foundation. As Dobelle was filing his defense, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick said he had "very, very serious concerns" about Dobelle's spending, and the head of Westfield State's foundation disputed Dobelle's claims of fund-raising success, The Boston Globe reported.
Dobelle then defended himself on a YouTube video in which he said he doesn't like to travel, but does so only to advance the university's interests, and he suggested he was just seeking the same type of due process the governor has received when people have made accusations against him.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories