The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities announced Tuesday that its board -- "after careful investigation and prayerful consideration" -- had decided to remove Edward O. Blews Jr. from the position of president, effective immediately. Blews had been in office since January. The statement did not say why the board decided to (in the words of the CCCU) "transition" Blews out of the presidency. Prior to joining CCCU, Blews was for 28 years president of the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Michigan. CCCU officials and Blews did not respond to requests for more information about his departure.
- Former head of Christian college group sues over his dismissal
- 2 colleges leave Christian college group to avoid split over gay marriage
- Christian college group faces conflict over its failure to expel institutions that will hire professors in same-sex marriages
- Essay by anonymous faculty member about being gay at a Christian college as institutions seek exemptions from civil rights laws
- Christian college group should not require too many theological litmus tests for members (essay)
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories