- New Presidents or Provosts: Foothill-De Anza CC District, Northeastern State U., Organization of American Historians, San Jose State U., Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Southwest Baptist U., U. of Dallas
- Online Texts for Community College Students
- 2-Year College Leader Is U.S. Education Nominee
- Essay on why one college stopped investing in fossil fuels
- Harvard rejects call to divest from fossil fuels
The board of the Foothill-De Anza Foundation, which supports the Foothill-De Anza Community College District, has voted to sell off holdings in fossil fuel companies. 350.org, a group pushing for colleges to adopt such policies, reports that Foothill-De Anza is the first community college to do so. Students who believe that divestment can help the environment by putting pressure on fossil fuel companies started their campaign for this action in a political science course, where they were urged to use citizen activism skills. About 1 percent of the foundation's $33 million endowment is currently invested in fossil fuel companies.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories