Some students are objecting to Northern Michigan University's plan to pick a new slogan to replace "Northern, Naturally," The Mining Journal reported. Officials say that, after 20 years, it's time for a new slogan. The interim president, David Haynes, recently said that "Fearless Minds" was a top contender. But students have organized a petition against that. Devin Manges, who started the petition, said that the phrase should reflect the university's connection to the environment, as the current slogan does, and also questioned the validity of "Fearless Minds," saying that "our minds are probably not considerably more fearless than others."
- Student, Interrupted
- President under fire for hiring top aide who had yet to graduate
- Narrow Win for Stem Cell Research
- The Must-Have Iraq Book of 1943 -- and 2007?
- Audit scrutinizes retroactive Duquesne U. degree
- Quick Takes: Admissions Hype '08, New Symbols for UNCF, Aid Effort for U. of California, LSU Chancellor Out, Mars Hill Settlement
- Temple Grandin and Learning Technology
- Controversial Scholar Cleared to Teach
Search for Jobs