Anderson University, a private Christian institution in Indiana, has announced that it will eliminate its French, philosophy and theater majors as part of a plan to deal with financial shortfalls, The Herald Bulletin reported. A total of 16 faculty and staff positions will be eliminated as a result of those and other changes.
- Private colleges remain under the weather
- Wartburg College and other liberal arts institutions make drastic cuts, challenging their identities as liberal institutions.
- Welcome to The Year ...
- Essay on the challenges of liberal arts management
- 'Free Market' for Higher Ed
- Where Universities Can Be Cut
- Tensions at Mary Baldwin College signal competing understandings of liberal education
- Caught Off Guard -- But Why?
Search for Jobs