Some students at Washington University in St. Louis are condemning a Halloween costume, photos of which have circulated online, showing students as U.S. soldiers standing over a student who is playing a Muslim, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. The student playing the Muslim has a fake beard and turban, and critics say the image perpetuates stereotypes.
- Quick Takes: New Measure of What Students Learn, Ominous RFP, Noose and Blackface Incidents, Opposition to Community College Measure, Hiring Surge at Michigan, Accusations From the Past, Oxford's Leader to Leave
- Quick Takes: $850,000 Awarded in Harassment Suit, Newspaper Adviser Regains Job, Governor Attacks Harvard for Khatami Invite, Bias Seen in British Salaries, Academic Purge Sought in Iran
- Quick Takes: Supreme Court Refuses Appeal on Tissue Ownership, Dartmouth Replaces Loans With Grants, Archibishop vs. Coach, Hunger Strike Ends
- Sharing or Plagiarizing?
- Quick Takes: Saint Louis U. President Stuck in Beirut, Questions on Auburn Athletes' Grades, NSF Spending Increase Advances, Harvard Reportedly Losing Gifts, Settlement on Washington State Salaries, Controversial Professor Leaves Leeds
- (Alleged) Crime and (Delayed) Punishment?
- Outrage Over Ouster of Priests at Saint Louis U.
- Quick Takes: Mo. Governor Wants to Sell Loan Agency, Did Donation Help Residency Applicant at Irvine?, Student Group Sues Education Dept., Seton Hall's Typo Sends Applicants to Phone Sex Line
Search for Jobs