With Friday's announcement that it had raised another $20 million in venture capital funding, the massive open online course provider Coursera's Series B round has reached $63 million in total. The company pegged that number at $43 million as recently as July. GSV Capital, Learn Capital and three universities that produce Coursera courses supplied the additional funding. The $20 million will be invested in "ongoing technological developments, strategic partnerships and the build-out of Coursera's product and recruiting teams," according to a news release.
- Investors put $43 million more into MOOC provider Coursera
- 3 Ways Coursera Should Spend the $43 Million
- Top Ed-Tech Trends of 2012: The Business of Ed-Tech
- Coursera's fee-based course option
- State systems and universities in nine states start experimenting with Coursera
- Should Microsoft Acquire Coursera?
- Kaltura, Intel Capital, and Ed Tech Investments
- Post-Microsoft, Libraries Mull Digitization
Search for Jobs