Members of the American Studies Association have voted to endorse a resolution backing the academic boycott of Israel. Out of a total of 1,252 votes, 66.05 percent of members endorsed the resolution, 30.5 percent rejected it, and 3.43 percent abstained. The association’s elected National Council had previously endorsed the resolution before turning the question over to members for an association-wide vote.
The American Studies Association is the second major American scholarly association, after the Association for Asian American Studies, to endorse the boycott of Israeli universities. A full story from Inside Higher Ed will appear tomorrow.
- American Studies Association backs boycott of Israeli universities
- Breaking: Bill Gates Wants to Enslave Us to the Matrix
- Historians reject vote on controversial anti-Israel resolutions
- Panel criticizes ASA's Israel boycott at association's annual meeting
- Essay by MLA executibve director about the debate at association over the Middle East
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories