The Apollo Education Group's global division is buying 70 percent of Open Colleges Australia for $99 million, with additional payments of up to $48 million, the for-profit chain announced Tuesday in a news release. Founded in 1910, Open Colleges offers more than 130 online courses. Company officials hope the Australian institution "provides a platform for Apollo Global to operate and expand in other areas of the region.”
- Apollo Goes Global
- Global U.
- Laureate's growing global network of institutions
- Business is booming for American for-profits in Brazil. Is that good?
- For-profits lead the way as adaptive learning becomes more popular
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- New Doubts on For-Profits in Britain
- Settlement in Singapore Over Failed University
Search for Jobs