The University of Michigan Board of Regents today named Mark S. Schlissel as the institution's next president. Schlissel is provost of Brown University. Before being named provost at Brown in 2011, he was dean of biological sciences at the University of California at Berkeley, where he also held the C.H. Li Chair in Biochemistry.
He will succeed Mary Sue Coleman on July 1. Coleman is retiring after 12 years as president at Michigan.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brown U., Cambridge College, Earlham College, South Piedmont CC, Texas State U. System, Trinity College Dublin, U. of Illinois-Springfield, U. of West Georgia
- New presidents provosts Bank Street Columbia East Anglia Jones Intl LSSU LSU-A Michigan
- New Presidents or Provosts: Grand View College, National U. of Ireland-Galway, Spring Arbor U., Texas Southern U.
- Are selective colleges with big-time sports at greater risk for compromising academics?
- Cornell Turns to Iowa (Again) for a President
- 50-Yard-Line Seats and Faculty Oversight
- New presidents or provosts: CMU Colby Johnson Madonna Marquette Peking Reinhardt San Diego Wells
- Retreat on Affirmative Action?
Search for Jobs