- AAUP reiterates its opposition to academic boycotts
- At American Studies Association meeting, scholars debate proposed academic boycott of Israel
- New statement seeks to reframe academic debate about Israel boycott
- Essay on the real meaning of institutional boycotts
- MLA members debate when and how to take a stand on issues such as Israel boycott
The New York Senate has passed legislation that would bar public or private colleges in state from using state funds to fund groups that support academic boycotts, The Albany Times-Union reported. The bill is designed to take a stand against the American Studies Association, which has voted to back a boycott of Israeli universities. Many defenders of academic freedom -- including those who have said that the American Studies Association move amounts to an attack on academic freedom -- have criticized the New York bill.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories