Fund raisers at American colleges and schools estimate that giving to their institutions grew by 5.1 percent in 2013 in will grow by 5.2 percent this year, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education said its twice-year survey had found.
The figures for higher education alone were flipped, at 5.2 percent for 2013 and 5.1 percent for 2014. And public colleges and universities were more upbeat than their private college counterparts, estimating donations to their institutions at 5.7 percent and 5.6 percent, respectively, compared to 4.8 percent for both years for private colleges.
- Data show increasing pace of college enrollment declines
- Endowment returns for 2011 near pre-recession levels
- Study identifies patterns by gender of senior historians' careers
- Default Rates Projected to Soar
- Quick Takes: New Analysis of Dearth of Female Scientists, Improving State Budget Picture, Cash and Sex for Grade Changes, Decline in Percentage of Female Coaches, Iraq Service Disqualifies Veteran for In-State Tuition
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories