Fund raisers at American colleges and schools estimate that giving to their institutions grew by 5.1 percent in 2013 in will grow by 5.2 percent this year, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education said its twice-year survey had found.
The figures for higher education alone were flipped, at 5.2 percent for 2013 and 5.1 percent for 2014. And public colleges and universities were more upbeat than their private college counterparts, estimating donations to their institutions at 5.7 percent and 5.6 percent, respectively, compared to 4.8 percent for both years for private colleges.
- Former president takes heat for dire financial straits at Sofia University
- Academic rigor lacking but not dead, study says
- Essay on teaching writing intensive courses
- Colleges and analysts respond to Obama ratings proposal
- Comments on College Ratings Plan
- Wake Tech introduces faculty ranks
- Legislators Want to Merge Two Charleston Institutions
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
Search for Jobs