Leaders of 52 universities in Taiwan have urged the government to respond and engage with a student protest movement that has occupied the legislature and generated considerable debate, Taipei Times reported. The students oppose a new trade pact with China that they believe does not help Taiwan and could endanger democratic traditions on the island. The anthropology blog Savage Minds features a backgrounder with many links and videos about the growing student movement in Taiwan.
- Essay on importance of understanding global student activism
- Debate renews over Confucius Institutes
- Columbia nixes course on Occupy Wall Street
- University of California Berkeley protesters occupy campus
- Are IRB's Needed for War Zones?
- Occupy Texas State
- Long Distance Mom: Occupy the Holidays
- Experts and activists question use of pepper spray at Davis
Search for Jobs