Leaders of 52 universities in Taiwan have urged the government to respond and engage with a student protest movement that has occupied the legislature and generated considerable debate, Taipei Times reported. The students oppose a new trade pact with China that they believe does not help Taiwan and could endanger democratic traditions on the island. The anthropology blog Savage Minds features a backgrounder with many links and videos about the growing student movement in Taiwan.
- Fight over layoffs at University of Southern Maine boils over
- Two adjuncts discuss career paths that are open and closed to them
- Sexist Election Video Spurs Debate at San Diego State
- Why Didn't Alabama Students Endorse Greek Integration?
- Professor Charged With Battery After Abortion Protest
- Controversial Choice at College of Charleston
- Opposition mounts to proposed cuts to Fulbright
- National Hispanic U.'s teach-out raises questions about Hispanic student market
Search for Jobs