Most North Carolina employers haven't heard of massive open online courses, but about three-quarters of them view MOOCs as having a positive effect on hiring decisions, a survey conducted by Duke University and RTI International shows. The study, founded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, also suggests 71 percent of employers could see themselves using MOOCs for professional development.
- Study: MOOC content in traditional courses is viable, if inflexible
- Study: Collegiate focus on independence a disadvantage for first-gen students
- Study: Teenagers want to go to college, but are 'particularly averse' to student debt
- Study: Older faculty members feel financially ready for retirement, but don't have detailed plans
- Study: Scholars are present on professional networks, but engage on Twitter
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories