Students at the University of California at Davis staged a sit-in Friday in a campus coffee house whose student employees had planned an off-campus party with the name "Cinco de Drinko," playing off today's celebration of Mexican heritage, The Sacramento Bee reported. Many students said that they were offended by a Facebook page promoting the party, which has now been canceled. The page featured four male students in sombreros, attempting to get over a chain-link fence.
- Syracuse students sit in to demand changes
- Virtual Sit-In
- Anonymous racist posts on social media network prompt Colgate students to stage sit-in, now entering third day
- Sit-In at Wash. U.: 'It's Over'
- A Sit-In Threat on Day One
- Quick Takes: 'Mother Jones' Honors Campus Activists, Anthropologists Move 2006 Meeting
- New School Sit-In Ends
- Protests and controversies over race proliferate on campuses
Search for Jobs