- At William Peace, departing president is criticized by many but loved by the board
- Experts consider Peace College plan to offer separate sections by gender
- William Peace University may bet $21 million of its $33 million endowment on one shopping center
- Georgian Court plan to admit men points to rate at which women's colleges are going coed
- New Presidents or Provosts: Carleton College, Cloud County CC, College of Santa Fe, Garrett College, McNeese State U., Peace College, Pueblo CC, Rice U.
William Peace University is offering some (maybe a large share) of its tenured faculty members buyout offers of $30,000 contingent on their giving up their jobs and agreeing not to criticize the university, The News & Observer reported. The offers follow a letter from tenured faculty members criticizing the leadership of President Debra Townsley. Faculty members have questioned her financial decisions and cuts. Townsley led a process two years ago to make the one-time women's college coeducational, and many critics say that the improvements she promised would follow havent materialized. Townsley declined to comment, and board members indicated that they backed the president and had extended her contract.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories