Did you ever wonder how your alma mater's dorm capacity ranks among institutions where business is the most popular major among students -- or where it ranks in annual rainfall among religiously affiliated institutions? OnlyBoth, a web tool that launched last month, mines data from the National Center for Education Statistics to track 3,122 colleges and universities on 190 different attributes.
"Higher education transparency is well-served by this, I believe," Raul Valdes-Perez, a former Carnegie Mellon University adjunct instructor who co-founded OnlyBoth, said in an email.
- Test-optional policies fail to increase low-income enrollment, study finds
- Major for-profit chain faces bankruptcy as feds turn up heat
- Lawmakers FAFSA simplification legislation, as HEA reauthorization in Senate heats up
- Social media threatens civil discourse between administrators and students (essay)
- Digital tools to help campus administrators do their jobs (essay)
- Art College May Merge Into Southern New Hampshire U.
- Southern accreditor drops one college, puts four on probation
- White House publishes new rules for reporting, investigating sexual assaults
Search for Jobs