Did you ever wonder how your alma mater's dorm capacity ranks among institutions where business is the most popular major among students -- or where it ranks in annual rainfall among religiously affiliated institutions? OnlyBoth, a web tool that launched last month, mines data from the National Center for Education Statistics to track 3,122 colleges and universities on 190 different attributes.
"Higher education transparency is well-served by this, I believe," Raul Valdes-Perez, a former Carnegie Mellon University adjunct instructor who co-founded OnlyBoth, said in an email.
- What Makes a Great Teacher?
- Heading South
- Obama's 'value' plan leaves out student learning (essay)
- Essay: Divergent paths for research universities may require different leaders
- Major Decisions
- Joining the Law School Rankings Game
- The Real Meanings of Letters of Recommendation
- Students need the right kind of college ratings system (essay)
Search for Jobs