- Higher Education Act proposals portend partisan clashes over accountability
- House committee approves three bills to rewrite Higher Education Act
- For-profit fights resume with new twists on old debates
- Lawmakers FAFSA simplification legislation, as HEA reauthorization in Senate heats up
- Departing Senator Harkin releases his Higher Ed Act reauthorization bill
Senator Tom Harkin, the Democrat who chairs the Senate education committee, on Wednesday released his plan to reauthorize the Higher Education Act.
Harkin unveiled the full text of his proposal, an outline of which he released Tuesday evening. He said that the proposal was a “discussion draft” and that he would accept public comments on the plan through August 29.
House Republicans, led by Representative John Kline, on Tuesday published an outline of their priorities for rewriting the Higher Education Act. Kline said that instead of releasing a comprehensive bill, he would be introducing smaller pieces of legislation in an attempt to build broader support. He said he would release the first of those bills this week.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories