The Institute for Creation Research is suing Texas for the right to award master's degrees in the state. The Dallas Morning News reported that the suit charges the state with discriminating against the institute based on its views of evolution (on which the institute differs from mainstream science). The institute wants to award master's degrees to people who plan to teach science, and says it will teach evolution even as it also teaches creationism. Texas has not authorized the degrees and many science groups have been alarmed at the prospect of the institute training science teachers.
- Questions Delay Creationist Master's Degrees
- Creationist College Advances in Texas
- New Programs: Education, Nursing, Materials Science
- Debating Ideas vs. Legitimizing Falsehoods
- To Debate or Not to Debate Intelligent Design?
- Faculty at Montana Tech protest selection of commencement speakers who promote creationism
- Colleges start new programs
- The Huckster's Artful Dodging on Evolution
Search for Jobs