David Kennedy, former principal of Robert Gordon University, plans to return an honorary degree he received from the Scottish university to protest its decision to award an honorary degree next month to Donald Trump, the BBC reported. The university says that it is honoring Trump for his "business acumen," particularly in Scotland. But Kennedy is among many in the region who are outraged by Trump's plans to build a golf course in the area -- over the objections of many local residents.
- Perestroika on CUNY Board
- Donald Trump becomes dean of Wharton School (essay)
- Debate over impact Scottish independence would have on universities
- Scotland is The Place
- A Champion for Those Who Need Help Most
- Donald Trump Founds 'University'
- Scottish universities start to embrace three-year undergraduate degrees
- Math Geek Mom: Imposters?
Search for Jobs