Stephen Bloom, the University of Iowa journalism professor who created a storm late last year by writing an article in The Atlantic that called rural Iowans “an assortment of wasteoids and meth-addicts,” will be teaching at the university again this fall. Bloom, whose essay was criticized by his colleagues and Sally Mason, the university's president, has been teaching in the University of Michigan communication studies department for the last year as a visiting professor. “Yes, he is scheduled to teach,” David Perlmutter, director of the school of journalism and mass communication at the University of Iowa, said in an e-mail.
- Essay puts spotlight on uneasy relationships between faculty and adopted states
- 'The Closing of the American Mind,' 20 Years Later
- Essay on the attitudes of academics who look down on some locations
- Students (and colleges) vulnerable to computer gaming addiction (essay)
- An Academic Blog for Students
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories