The College Humor website has announced the winners of its $5,000 Average Student Scholarships. The biographies of winners won't be confused for those who receive Rhodes Scholarships. One winner was lauded this way: "His G.P.A. of 2.083 barely hovers over the disgraceful 1.9, and one more misstep would send him tumbling down a cliff that'd be hard to climb out of." Another was praised for her culinary habits. "In her sad and slightly disturbing video entry, Jordan munches on a brick of uncooked Ramen like that's something normal people actually do." More information on the award winners may be found here.
- New Scholarship for the 'Average Student'
- Duke proposes a mandatory, short video pitch to accompany dissertations
- 2015 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics
- Academic Minute: Non-Standard Speech and Higher Education
- A look inside edX's learning laboratory (essay)
- A look back at another successful final exam boycott
- Federal agency requests comment on private loan modifications
- Appeals court returns retaliation case to lower court
Search for Jobs