The College Humor website has announced the winners of its $5,000 Average Student Scholarships. The biographies of winners won't be confused for those who receive Rhodes Scholarships. One winner was lauded this way: "His G.P.A. of 2.083 barely hovers over the disgraceful 1.9, and one more misstep would send him tumbling down a cliff that'd be hard to climb out of." Another was praised for her culinary habits. "In her sad and slightly disturbing video entry, Jordan munches on a brick of uncooked Ramen like that's something normal people actually do." More information on the award winners may be found here.
- Professors (and Learners) of the Year
- Without Merit
- Quick Takes: Clinton's Latest Plans, Progress for Latino Students, Noose on Prof's Door, Nobel in Chemistry, Contract Approved in Pa., Vote of No Confidence at Antioch, Minority Football Hiring, $2B Plan in Mass., $100M for MIT, UK Science Faulted
- Shift for national free-college group, which wants to bolster local programs
- Applicant sues over law school's alleged failure to account for grade inflation in admissions
- New nonprofit unveils plan for federally funded full-tuition scholarships
- Strayer's scholarship and tuition discounting by for-profit colleges
- Should I Put My Students on a Melting Iceberg?
Search for Jobs