- Long road ahead in Northwestern athletes' move to unionize
- Northwestern union organizers mobilize on the Hill
- Panel defends athletes, says ncaa reforms not good enough
- Culture, ignorance, biases all obstacles to preventing head trauma
- College athletes greatly overestimate their chances of playing professionally
Athletes took to national television to protest their treatment by the National Collegiate Athletic Association by wearing wrist tape with "APU" -- "All Players United" -- during their football games Saturday. Players from the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech and Northwestern University joined in to draw attention to issues including concussions and lack of pay. Ramogi Huma, president of the National College Players Association, told ESPN that the players have been planning for months and athletes on other elite teams are interested in participating in the protest, which will continue "throughout the season."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories