Two days after massive open online course provider Coursera announced the creation of a Chinese-language web portal, edX on Thursday unveiled a new consortium of Chinese partner universities during an event in Beijing.
Some of the universities that will join the initiative, called XuetangX, include Beijing Normal University, China Agricultural University, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, National Tsing Hua University, Tsinghua University, the University of Science and Technology of China, and Zhejiang University. The first online courses will launch on Oct. 17.
EdX also announced an initiative to work with French universities on Oct. 3.
- International Statement on Characteristics of Research Universities
- Laureate's growing global network of institutions
- Study finds increase in English language programs in continental Europe
- Alice Munro Wins Literature Nobel
- History shows: the humanities have vocational utility (essay)
- Emerson Vows to Improve Handling of Sex Assault Charges
- Colleges start new academic programs
- Santa Clara U. Drops Abortion Coverage
Search for Jobs