Howard University students have responded with a photograph to the shooting death of Michael Brown, the unarmed black teenager who was shot and killed by police in Missouri. The students at Howard posed with their hands in the air, and saying "don't shoot me," as protesters in Missouri have done. The photo is now circulating on social media.
- Cary Nelson faces backlash over his views on a controversial scholar
- Some colleges embrace, tepidly, federal scrutiny on campus sexual assaults
- Anger Over Racist Leaflets at Canadian University
- Advice for professors on starting over at a new college, Part 1 (essay)
- Academic Minute: Growing Rates of African Beer Consumption
- Essay on why English departments should teach and embrace young adult fiction
- Security Fears Shut Tripoli U.
- Britain considers the situation of university graduates in jobs that don't require degrees
Search for Jobs