Smartphone Explodes in Rowan College Classroom

October 4, 2016

An exploding smartphone on Monday prompted the evacuation of a building at Rowan College of Burlington County in Pemberton, N.J., CBS Philadelphia reported. The smartphone in question was not a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, which was subject to a global recall following several battery explosions, but an iPhone 6 Plus. The phone was reportedly turned off when it caught fire in the student's back pocket.

Be the first to know.
Get our free daily newsletter.


+ -

Expand commentsHide comments  —   Join the conversation!

Opinions on Inside Higher Ed

Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U

What Others Are Reading

  • Viewed
  • Past:
  • Day
  • Week
  • Month
  • Year
Back to Top