April 9, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Arcadia University: Trudy Rubin, foreign affairs columnist for The Philadelphia Inquirer, and Elaine Thompson, president and CEO of Lakeland Regional Health Systems in Lakeland, Fla.
- College of Idaho: Alan Dershowitz, the Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law at Harvard University.
- Hampden-Sydney College: Eric T. Olson, a retired U.S. Navy admiral.
- Hood College: Tony Mendez, retired Central Intelligence Agency technical operations officer, who oversaw the “Canadian caper” plan to liberate 6 American diplomats from Iran.
- Linfield College: Theresa Betancourt, who directs the Research Program on Children and Global Adversity at Harvard University.
- Manhattan College: Charles H. Thornton, chairman of Charles H. Thornton & Company, a management and strategic consulting firm,
- Misericordia University: Carl Bernstein, the journalist and author.
- Saint Mary's College, in Indiana: Kyle Zimmer, president and CEO of First Book, a nonprofit organization that provides new books to children in need.
- St. Mary's College of Maryland: Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley.
- University of Tennessee at Martin: Richard G. Rhoda, executive director of the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
- Washington College: Ed Rendell, former governor of Pennsylvania.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading