May 9, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College: Ceasar C. Mitchell, president of the Atlanta City Council.
- City Colleges of Chicago: Sheila Simon, lieutenant governor of Illinois.
- College of the Atlantic: Paul Farmer, co-founder of Partners In Health, and chair of the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- Daniel Webster College: John H. Lynch, former New Hampshire governor.
- Franklin Pierce University: Gary Hirshberg, chairman and co-founder of Stonyfield Farm.
- Hollins University: Johnnetta B. Cole, former president of Spelman College and Bennett College.
- Juilliard School: Laura Linney, the actress.
- Oberlin College: Tracy Chevalier, the novelist.
- Rutgers University at New Brunswick: Virginia Long, retired associate justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Shaw University: Cleveland L. Sellers Jr., president of Voorhees College.
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell: Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis.
- University of St. Thomas, in Texas: Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence and founder and director of the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions at Princeton University.
- Washington University in St. Louis: Cory A. Booker, mayor of Newark.
- Webster University: Norbert Leo Butz, the actor.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading