March 17, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Clatsop Community College: U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon.
- Denison University: Lawrence W. Sherman, the Wolfson Professor of Criminology at the University of Cambridge.
- Dominican College, in New York: James P. Cullen, a retired brigadier general.
- Excelsior College: Jamie Merisotis, president of the Lumina Foundation.
- Harvard University: Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York City.
- McDaniel College: Alan Rabinowitz, the conservationist.
- MGH Institute of Health Professions: Gary Gottlieb, president and CEO of Partners HealthCare System.
- New York University: Janet Yellen, chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Sacred Heart University: Ernie Anastos, news anchor for WNYW-TV (undergraduates), and Kathleen Deignan, director of the Iona Spirituality Institute and professor of religious studies (graduate students).
- Smith College: Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund.
- Tufts University: Anne-Marie Slaughter, president of the New America Foundation.
- Wagner College: Julian Bond, the civil rights leader.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading