Commencement Speakers Announced: Clatsop CC, Denison, Dominican, Excelsior, Harvard, McDaniel, MGH Health Professions, NYU, Sacred Heart U., Smith, Tufts, Wagner
March 17, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Clatsop Community College: U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon.
- Denison University: Lawrence W. Sherman, the Wolfson Professor of Criminology at the University of Cambridge.
- Dominican College, in New York: James P. Cullen, a retired brigadier general.
- Excelsior College: Jamie Merisotis, president of the Lumina Foundation.
- Harvard University: Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York City.
- McDaniel College: Alan Rabinowitz, the conservationist.
- MGH Institute of Health Professions: Gary Gottlieb, president and CEO of Partners HealthCare System.
- New York University: Janet Yellen, chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Sacred Heart University: Ernie Anastos, news anchor for WNYW-TV (undergraduates), and Kathleen Deignan, director of the Iona Spirituality Institute and professor of religious studies (graduate students).
- Smith College: Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund.
- Tufts University: Anne-Marie Slaughter, president of the New America Foundation.
- Wagner College: Julian Bond, the civil rights leader.
Search for Jobs
Founded in 1785, the University of Georgia is America’s first chartered state university and Georgia’s largest and most comprehensive educational...
Piedmont Technical College transforms lives and strengthens communities by providing opportunities for intellectual and economic growth. The College...