April 21, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- California State University at Monterey Bay: Cecilia Muñoz, adviser to President Obama and director of the Domestic Policy Council.
- Dillard University: First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Liberty University: Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana.
- Macalester College: Paul Farmer, co-founder of Partners In Health, and Kolokotrones University Professor and chair of the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- Philadelphia University: Jeffrey Selingo, contributing editor at The Chronicle of Higher Education, and professor of practice at Arizona State University.
- Saint Joseph’s College, in Maine: Peter Geiger, editor of Farmers' Almanac.
- San Francisco State University: Belva Davis, who was the first black woman television news reporter in the West, and Rong Wang, associate professor and the Mildred V. Strouss Endowed Chair in Vascular Surgery at the University of California at San Francisco.
- Southwestern University: Amanda McMillian, vice president, deputy general counsel, corporate secretary and chief compliance officer for Anadarko Petroleum Corporation,
- Western Connecticut State University: John Murphy, president and CEO of the Western Connecticut Health Network, and the educational futurist Anya Kamenetz.
- University of California at Berkeley: U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi, the minority leader in the House of Representatives.
- University of Illinois at Springfield: Donovan Pepper, national director of local government relations for Walgreen Co.
- West Liberty University: Marc Harshman, West Virginia's poet laureate.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading