May 12, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Atlanta Technical College: John Hope Bryant, CEO of Operation HOPE, a nonprofit social investment banking organization.
- Bergen Community College: American Express CEO and Chairman Kenneth Chenault.
- Houghton College: David Beckmann, president of Bread for the World.
- Iona College: The Rev. Timothy Cardinal Dolan, archbishop of New York, and Terence Winch, the poet.
- Methodist University: Major Dan Rooney, a retired F-16 fighter pilot.
- Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge: Ray Mabus, secretary of the Navy.
- Marist College: Bill Christie, CIO of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Sue Herera, co-anchor of CNBC's "Powerlunch."
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University: Carla Sunberg, president of Nazarene Theological Seminary.
- Old Dominion University: Nancy Kirkpatrick, president of worldwide marketing for Summit Entertainment; John O. "Dubby" Wynne, retired president and chief executive officer of Landmark Communications; and Alma J. Powell, chair of the board of directors for America's Promise Alliance.
- Prince George's Community College: Kevin Maxwell, CEO of Prince George’s County Public Schools.
- Shaw University: Gloria Bongi Ngema-Zuma, first lady of the Republic of South Africa.
- Tuskegee University: Lieut. General Thomas P. Bostick, commanding general of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- University of New Haven: John Carroll, chairman of the News Literacy Project and former editor of The Los Angeles Times, and Dorsey Kendrick, president of Gateway Community College.
- University of Northern Colorado: Connie Willis, the science fiction writer, and Daniel Augenstein, an art educator.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading