May 12, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Atlanta Technical College: John Hope Bryant, CEO of Operation HOPE, a nonprofit social investment banking organization.
- Bergen Community College: American Express CEO and Chairman Kenneth Chenault.
- Houghton College: David Beckmann, president of Bread for the World.
- Iona College: The Rev. Timothy Cardinal Dolan, archbishop of New York, and Terence Winch, the poet.
- Methodist University: Major Dan Rooney, a retired F-16 fighter pilot.
- Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge: Ray Mabus, secretary of the Navy.
- Marist College: Bill Christie, CIO of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Sue Herera, co-anchor of CNBC's "Powerlunch."
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University: Carla Sunberg, president of Nazarene Theological Seminary.
- Old Dominion University: Nancy Kirkpatrick, president of worldwide marketing for Summit Entertainment; John O. "Dubby" Wynne, retired president and chief executive officer of Landmark Communications; and Alma J. Powell, chair of the board of directors for America's Promise Alliance.
- Prince George's Community College: Kevin Maxwell, CEO of Prince George’s County Public Schools.
- Shaw University: Gloria Bongi Ngema-Zuma, first lady of the Republic of South Africa.
- Tuskegee University: Lieut. General Thomas P. Bostick, commanding general of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- University of New Haven: John Carroll, chairman of the News Literacy Project and former editor of The Los Angeles Times, and Dorsey Kendrick, president of Gateway Community College.
- University of Northern Colorado: Connie Willis, the science fiction writer, and Daniel Augenstein, an art educator.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading