May 14, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- American Public University System: General (Ret.) Keith Alexander and Brig. General (Ret.) John C. (Chris) Inglis.
- Baton Rouge Community College: Christel Slaughter, partner and a co-owner of SSA Consultants, a management consulting and organizational development firm.
- Bellhaven University: U.S. Senator Thad Cochran.
- Jewish Theological Seminary: Ruth Calderon, member of Israel’s Knesset.
- Marian University: Mary Beth Bonaventura, director of the Indiana Department of Child Services.
- National Intelligence University: Retired Army General Keith Alexander.
- Niagara County Community College: Jim Toellner, president and general manager of WGRZ-TV.
- Northern Virginia Community College: Charles Errico, professor of history at the college.
- Ohio Northern University: Mark E. Butler, chief of pharmacy service at Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center; Elizabeth Broun, the Margaret and Terry Stent Director of the Smithsonian American Art Museum; and Benjamin Brafman, principal of Brafman & Associates.
- Salt Lake Community College: Sekou Andrews, the poet.
- Stevenson University: Byron Pitts of ABC News.
- University of Scranton: The Rev. Joseph C. Bambera, bishop of the Diocese of Scranton.
- University of the Virgin Islands: Henry Louis Gates Jr., the Alphonse Fletcher University Professor at Harvard University.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading