April 28, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- College of Saint Benedict: Valarie Kaur, the civil rights lawyer and documentary filmmaker.
- Eureka College: S. Georgia Nugent, former president of Kenyon College.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: Harry Carson, the New York Giants Hall of Fame linebacker.
- Saint John’s University, in Minnesota: Robert Dumonceaux, regents professor emeritus of mathematics at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University.
- Southwestern University, in Texas: Larry Haynes, a tax consultant.
- State University of New York at Binghamton: Stephanie Courtney, the actress who plays Flo in Progressive Insurance commercials.
- Tidewater Community College: U.S. Senator Mark Warner.
- University of Hartford: Caryl M. Stern, president and chief executive officer of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF; and Maria Cattaui, former secretary general of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- University of North Texas: Texas Governor Greg Abbott.
- University of Richmond: Edward L. Ayers, who is stepping down as the university's president, and others.
- Westminster College, in Utah: Clayborne Carson, a historian at Stanford University.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Anil D. Jha, founder and chief executive officer of HydroNovation.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading