April 28, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- College of Saint Benedict: Valarie Kaur, the civil rights lawyer and documentary filmmaker.
- Eureka College: S. Georgia Nugent, former president of Kenyon College.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: Harry Carson, the New York Giants Hall of Fame linebacker.
- Saint John’s University, in Minnesota: Robert Dumonceaux, regents professor emeritus of mathematics at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University.
- Southwestern University, in Texas: Larry Haynes, a tax consultant.
- State University of New York at Binghamton: Stephanie Courtney, the actress who plays Flo in Progressive Insurance commercials.
- Tidewater Community College: U.S. Senator Mark Warner.
- University of Hartford: Caryl M. Stern, president and chief executive officer of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF; and Maria Cattaui, former secretary general of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- University of North Texas: Texas Governor Greg Abbott.
- University of Richmond: Edward L. Ayers, who is stepping down as the university's president, and others.
- Westminster College, in Utah: Clayborne Carson, a historian at Stanford University.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Anil D. Jha, founder and chief executive officer of HydroNovation.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading