May 9, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Colgate University: Robert D. Manfred Jr., commissioner of Major League Baseball.
- Delaware Valley University: Rabbi Rebecca Dubowe, the first deaf woman to be ordained a rabbi.
- Georgetown University: Jeh Johnson, U.S. secretary of homeland security; and others.
- Georgia State University: Sue Desmond-Hellmann, chief executive officer of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- LeTourneau University: Edmund C. Moy, former director of the U.S. Mint.
- New York Law School: Robert A. Katzmann, chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Northwestern College, in Illinois: Illinois Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Sanguinetti.
- Rhodes State College: J. Noah Brown, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Community College Trustees.
- St. Joseph's College, in New York: Sister Helen Kearney, president of the Sisters of St. Joseph; and others.
- University of Maine at Presque Isle: Nicholas C. Donohue, president and CEO of the Nellie Mae Education Foundation.
- University of Southern California: Larry Ellison, founder of the Oracle Corporation.
- University of Virgin Islands: Hilary Beckles, vice chancellor of the University of the West Indies.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading