George Washington University is planning to increase, to 10 percent from 6 percent, the share of its $1 billion endowment invested in farms, Bloomberg reported. The news service quoted one of the university's analysts as saying that the fund already has farm investments in Latin America and Eastern Europe and is now looking to Australia. The endowment data collected each year by the National Association of College and University Business Officers is not granular enough to determine whether GW's strategy is unusual.
- Endowments averaged a small loss for the 2012 fiscal year
- More Foreign Students -- Everywhere
- Princeton Freezes Tuition
- 'Fields of Learning'
- Is higher education fit for the global urban era?
- The Propaganda of International Comparisons
- Australia grapples with its own Ph.D. pipeline problem
- Out of Africa (to American Colleges?)
Search for Jobs