Four members of Kansas' Congressional delegation have written the U.S. interior secretary expressing their concerns about how Haskell Indian Nations University is being run and whether federal money is being misspent. The letter to Secretary Ken Salazar from Sens. Pat Roberts and Sam Brownback and Reps. Lynn Jenkins and Dennis Moore suggests that the Interior Department's decision to reassign the president of the tribal college in Lawrence, Kan., to other institutions had left "no clear line of authority" at Haskell Indian Nations. "The resulting lack of leadership has caused chaos and confusion to the detriment of HINU employees and the students, who are our primary concern," the lawmakers wrote.
- Apparel Store Ordered to Pay U. of Kansas Athletics $660,000 for Infringement
- Buyer's Market
- 'The Intimate University'
- The Completion Cacophony
- Bad Advice, No Advice
- Newly Tenured ... at Maryville, Our Lady of the Lake, Rollins
- Towson Fires Adjunct for Racial Remark
- Community College Ends Religious Recruiting
Search for Jobs