Students at Dalhousie University, in Nova Scotia, have penned "The Student Poverty Song," as a protest over proposed tuition increases. Students in the video, attracting considerable attention in the province, are shown singing about their financial woes, trying to pay tuition bills in decidedly nontraditional currency, subsisting on hot dogs and suffering through cold showers to cut costs.
- 'The Latino Education Crisis'
- Celebrating 'The End of Money'
- Essay on why the film 'The Graduate' still matters
- 'The Black Academic's Guide to Winning Tenure -- Without Losing Your Soul'
- Higher Ed and 'The Price of Everything'
- interview with Tim Lacy on 'The Dream of a Democratic Culture: Mortimer J. Adler and the Great Books Idea'
- 'The Unchosen Me'
- 'The Student Loan Scam'
Search for Jobs