Governor Nikki Haley, a Republican, and South Carolina's public college presidents have agreed on the factors that should go into a new funding formula for higher education, The Greenville News reported. Among the factors: graduation rates, the percentage of in-state students, roles in economic development, job placement and the enrollment of "underrepresented" students. The governor and the presidents still haven't defined "underrepresented" or the relative weight the factors would receive in the formula.
- South Carolina Governor Criticized on Board Choice
- Roadblocks for ROTC?
- Has the Anglo-American Academy Peaked?
- Professors in the Crosshairs
- Civil Liberties Groups Criticize South Carolina Response to Gay Books
- Protest Over New Senator as Commencement Speaker
- Colleges and the Governors' Races
- Presidential Tenures on the Line
Search for Jobs