Governor Nikki Haley, a Republican, and South Carolina's public college presidents have agreed on the factors that should go into a new funding formula for higher education, The Greenville News reported. Among the factors: graduation rates, the percentage of in-state students, roles in economic development, job placement and the enrollment of "underrepresented" students. The governor and the presidents still haven't defined "underrepresented" or the relative weight the factors would receive in the formula.
- Colleges and the Governors' Races
- Quick Takes: Senate Signs Off on Pell Increase, SMU Faculty List Concerns, Arm-Twisting Alleged in Texas, Settlement in 'Yard Ape' Suit, Surveillance at Fresno State, A Coach's Explosion
- Training the Education Legislators
- University of Iowa looks to aid as it tries to increase resident enrollment
- University of California rethinks how it funds campuses
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories