More than 150 prominent academics from the United States, Britain and elsewhere have signed a petition calling on École Normale Supérieure, in Paris, to lift a ban on a debate on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, The Guardian reported. A pro-Palestinian student group attempted to organize the event and was blocked from doing so by the university's administrators. The petition calls for the institution to restore "its long history of free speech and political expression."
- The Mocked Minority
- New statement seeks to reframe academic debate about Israel boycott
- Faculty Union Agrees to Negotiate 1-Year Pay Freeze
- Pro-Palestinian student activism heats up, causing campus tensions
- Political Science Blog Challenges 'New York Times'
- Leadership Without the Limelight
- About Face?
- The Question Being Ignored
Search for Jobs