Rutgers University charges its students nearly $1,000 each a year -- more than the charges at any other university -- to finance football, Bloomberg reported. The total comes from an analysis by the news service based on student fees and direct university funding for the football program. Officials at Rutgers have said for years that investments in athletics would pay for themselves in the end, but many faculty and student groups have charged that the university spends too much on athletics.
- University Senate report calls on Rutgers athletics to become self-sustaining
- Struggling Rutgers follows Maryland to Big Ten
- One university's decision to drop football should be a model for others (essay)
- Creating a Ruckus at Rutgers (Again)
- U of Alabama at Birmingham learns how difficult it is to sack college football
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories