Online teacher education is growing rapidly, according to an analysis published by USA Today. The newspaper found that four large universities (three of them for-profit) have become the largest teacher education institutions in the country, measured by degrees awarded. In the top spot is the University of Phoenix Online, which awarded 5,976 education degrees in 2011, up from 72 a decade before. The top four institutions awarded 1 in 16 bachelor's degree and post-graduate certificates in education in 2011, and 1 in 11 master's and doctoral degrees.
- Data on Higher Education Employment in 2011
- New online certificate for undocumented immigrants
- More colleges pushing internships in liberal arts
- Essay on leadership in higher education
- Higher One Buys Student Affairs Software Company
- U.Va. COO, Key Figure in Governance Controversy, Quits
- Survey finds that social psychologists admit to anti-conservative bias
- Review of Quintus Tullius Cicero, "How to Win an Election"
Search for Jobs