Faculty members at the University of Miami's medical school are demanding the resignation of Pascal Goldschmidt, the dean, The Miami Herald reported. Faculty members question the way he has managed the finances of the school, and some say that critics of the dean are punished. After a stormy meeting this week, the dean is defending his overall leadership, but also said that there would be a "change in course" and that faculty members would receive raises.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/31/3210263/goldschmidt-confronts-angry-um.html#storylink=cpy
- Some presidents face steep learning curve with athletics
- Ph.D. Education -- Beyond Disciplines
- Paying for Health Care in the Emeritus Years
- Carleton offers retiring professors opportunity to teach 'dream course'
- Quick Takes: New Group Seeks Resignation at WVU, Possible Fast Track for Veterans' Ed Bill, Adjuncts Unionize at Henry Ford CC, Harvard Law Research Goes Open Access, Howard Names President, Top IT Issues, Felony Hazing Alleged at Tulane
- UNC board panel wants to shut down center on poverty led by faculty member who criticizes conservatives
- Targeting 'The Lost Year'
- 'How Do You Know?'
Search for Jobs