Rutgers University will announce today a new center that will focus on research and education to help vulnerable young people making the transition to college. The center will be named for Tyler Clementi, the gay Rutgers freshman who killed himself two years ago after his roommate recorded his meeting with a man, and broadcast it to others. The center will focus on issues of cyberbullying and the challenges facing young gay people, but will not be limited to those issues. Clementi's parents are backing the new effort and working on it with Rutgers.
- College leaders need to reframe discussion of value (essay)
- Tyler Clementi's Roommate Charged in Hate Crime
- Free online course providers pair up with credit-bearing exams
- Deadly Warning
- President Defends Rutgers Response to Tyler Clementi
- Obama proposes compromise with religious colleges on contraception mandate
- Essay on the idea of looking for a job in city where you earn your Ph.D.
- Substitute Education for Lysol
Search for Jobs